If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Night Before School Slice

I have a terrible habit of staying up way too late especially on school nights! Here is a silly little poem I just wrote - clearly a first draft, but a pretty good synopsis of my night. Quoting our school board president, "Happy New Year!" Teachers get to celebrate twice.

On the night before school…
Not a creature was stirring
Except for teachers scurrying
Unable to rest
With details to make it the best.
A first day poem,
Just the right books
For baskets and nooks,
Sharing with students
Guiding readers and writers
Our co-teachers for sure!
Flowers are cut.
The coffee is set-up.
Lunch is packed.
Outfit selected and pressed.
Dog out one last time.
Teeth brushed.
Pillows fluffed.
Why am I still wide awake?
Oh no, I hope I don’t oversleep!!

2 comments:

  1. What timing this year. The Jewish New Year begins tonight. Right on time. I remember those sleepless nights. Have a wonderful year Theresa
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I enjoyed your blog. I am now a follower. I hope you will get insights from mine as well.
    All the best, Bob West
    http://healthyliving-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/09/diet-solution-review.html

    ReplyDelete