If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Sampler

Yesterday I spent some time in one of my favorite outdoor spots. Since is always a good spot to hunker down with a book, I thought I might be inspired to write. I had every intention of sticking with the Poetry Month challenge...one thing led to another and I fell behind. The sights and sounds of this scrumptious spring afternoon got the creative juices flowing. Here is a sampler platter of poems to make up for some of my absences - most definitely works in progress...


Tap, tap, tap
A gentle hammering
A child’s toy
A creaky door
Branches in a breeze
Hmmm
Tracking the tap
That sounds like cereal crackling in milk,
There it is
That red headed suet snacker.

********************

Bully bird
in your bright blue uniform
please go away.
For if you stay,
others won’t.
Your noisy caw and flapping jaw
dominate and
shout out a blockade
to smaller troops
that flock to safer stations.

*****************************

Fire engine show-off,
Crimson chatterer,
Crisp chirps call out
Look at me
In my new ruby red dress.

*****************************

Fuzzy buzzy,
Ball of fur,
Stopping at azaleas for a sip or two.
Bumble bee
Happy hour.

******************************

Daffodils
Lovely ladies
In yellow bonnets.
Some side by side like a receiving line at a wedding.
Others mingle in crowds,
Spring’s welcoming committee
So happy to see you are back.

******************************

Chickadee-dee-dee
You chatter, bounce, and flitter
Snatch a seed and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment