If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

To or Not to Plan ~ NaPoWriMo Day 27

Today we wondered-
Do writers always need to plan?
We pondered…hmm…
Some say sometimes-
Like essays on THE TEST.
It’s good to plan out what you want to write,
But sometimes I get carried away
And overdo it with the planning,
I should be writing.
Some say no, never
I just like to start writing
I don’t need a plan
If I have an idea,
When I start
One thing leads to another.
My story comes to life.
Turn to your notebook if you get stuck
A treasure chest
Collections ~
Favorite lines,
Favorite words,
Favorite memories.
So, can't we just write?


We had the greatest conversation today about the planning part of the writing process. Children are so insightful...why don't we ask for their feedback and reflections more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment