If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Slice of Summer


A Slice of Summer ~ Two days into summer 2010, the body and mind are adjusting. Is it the summer sense of relaxation? Baking cookies instead of grading papers, ironing fabric for a quilt project instead of tomorrow’s outfit – hey I did both tonight and also had coffee with our daughter, Katie. Now I am trying to capture some of the magic in a slice of life story.
The afternoon was perfect for a few errands. I went on a little jaunt to a neighboring library to pick up a copy of Roses, our book club selection for July. I better get started it’s a thick book although all thumps are up for this one.
Before heading home I detoured to check out the summer sales. Can I help you find anything? My response ~ no thanks, I’m just browsing. Yes, I definitely spent some time browsing, meandering around, scoping out the bargains. Shopping is not often “my thing”, but every now and then it hits the spot. My favorite find today ~ a new bathing suit: black one piece. Simple and 40% off! YAY! Also found new swim trunks for Mark. Can’t wait for those high 80s this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment