If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Monday, June 13, 2011

Reasons Why Haven't I Been Writing


During my writing drought I thought about my writing, jotted some reflections in my notebook, but mostly I experienced a prolonged case of writer's block. Throughout this time people and activities have kept me busy. Thankfully I stayed up to date with my favorite blogs. Ruth & Stacy at Two Writing Teachers have stirred things up as their posts often do. Their summer challenge may be the kick in the pants that I need. There will always be dirty laundry, grocery lists, and bills to pay, but in my quest for balance I am reminded that we make time for what matters. Therefore, I'll keep looking for the write words.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad my post resonated with you. Very cool Wordle, btw. I'm looking forward to reading more of your summer words and seeing where this writing adventure may lead.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a terrific idea to use the wordle, & seems to me that your priorities aren't too off: reading, family, students, and walking at the top. Hope you can sneak writing in there too next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there is so much to say! I must get back to it. I have missed writing. I have taken a sabbatical from writing for so many reason, but it is too, we make time for what we truly want to do. Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing takes time and too often there are so many other things that steal our time. Hopefully you will be able to find some time to jot a few words/thoughts down.

    ReplyDelete