If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Friday, January 28, 2011

Poetry Friday ~ My Book Spine Poem


For a while now I have wanted to play around with book titles to create a poem, aka a "Book Spine Poem". I may have first read about them at Elaine Magliaro's Wild Rose Reader one of my favorite blogs. Here is my first attempt. It is really quite fun even though it feels a little like cheating. Next time I will compose my book spine poem at school where most of my books live. Our classroom is in need of a bit of a make-over especially the class library. It will be the perfect time to try these poems with my students. Can't wait! I am bound and determined to keep up with at least Slice of Life Tuesdays and Poetry Fridays in 2011. It's been a busy week, so here's my Friday contribution. Head over to(just realized the round-up is at the blog mentioned above - perfect!) Wild Rose Reader for this week's gathering of poetry. ~Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, I love your book spine poem! What a wonderful idea, and yes, a great project for the classroom bookshelf. I'm excited to try this myself!!

    ReplyDelete