If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reflecting on My One Little Word


Reach

My one little word for 2011

Today I am ponderingam I reaching far enough? Am I reaching out to each and every student? Am I helping students to reach for the stars? How can I reach out to the students who need more? More what? Time? Challenge? Encouragement? Attention?

According to Dictionary.com there are numerous definitions for reach including:

· To succeed in making contact with, influencing, impressing, interesting, convincing, etc.
· To stretch or hold out; extend
· To establish communication with
· To get to

This week I will be looking for new ways to stretch, to communicate, to influence, to interest, TO REACH those who are near and dear to me.

“You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” A.A. Milne

1 comment:

  1. "Reach" is a fantastic focus word. I like it because it has so many meanings -- and it implies action. I also love the Milne quote. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete