If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2 Slice of Life

This morning I was so pleased with my students’ positive response to the Slice of Life Story Challenge. Many students did not have the time to finish their entry yesterday, but eagerly unpacked and scurried to show off their notebooks. Last week the idea was introduced, modeled, and practiced. Our conversations contrasting stories, memories, and typical journal/diary entries have been on-going, yet helpful. And I guess my feeling is especially in the early stages flexibility that allows them to grow as writers, is really what this is all about. I know it was a leap for me to put aside my insecurities and post my slices. It’s one thing to write in front of children and share the struggles that writers encounter, but heaps scarier to reveal yourself to peers. Thank you for this wonderful website and motivating project. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment