If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Each of my children holds a special place in my heart. My own children each have a big piece that was theirs since the day they were born. Somehow the same children that fill your heart can also leave it feeling empty. It’s like the space left behind by a lost tooth that you constantly notice and have trouble getting used to. You know eventually the hole will be filled in with a new tooth.

I can’t remember exactly how it goes, but I am also thinking of the quote about giving your children roots and wings. Yes, this is our wish as parents and even to a certain extent as teachers. We hope to instill a sense of commitment, a strong work ethic, and a passion for life long learning. I also read a lovely little poem tonight that spoke to my heart. Click here to read it: http://myjuicylittleuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/03/signed-sealed-delivered.html. Feeling rather emotional tonight and having trouble finding the right word...

1 comment:

  1. For you, my child, I wish two things. To give you roots. And give you wings.

    ReplyDelete