If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Slice


My first slice… I updated my class calendar, noticed the air seemed a bit warmer this evening and it was also light out well beyond 6:00. March, the month that features the first day of spring! Well, the calendar will declare the start of the new season. New Yorkers know that “Mother Nature” does not always cooperate, stalling like a stubborn toddler refusing to share his or her toys.

Even so, we are in the homestretch, the final laps of winter. A straggling snowstorm that arrives like a pimple on prom night will surely not last for long. Today I noticed that the snowbanks are shrinking and slipping back from the driveway and roadways. My neighbor’s snowman is now headless after several days of looking more like the Leaning Tower of Pisa than Frosty.

The days of March will certainly be blustery and roar like a lion at times, but in the meantime, I will slice towards spring!

*Posted on twowritingteachers.wordpress.com on Monday, March 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment