If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Monday, March 22, 2010

Today my students typed up their color poems on Microsoft Word. When we have them posted to our class website I will include a link. In the meantime, here is my first attempt with one of my favorite colors:

Yellow
Yellow is a new day
Yellow can be playful like a babbling baby
Yellow is a treasured medal,
A sunflower standing tall and proud.
Yellow can be the center of attention,
Or a daisy’s middle.
Yellow smells like the snack counter at the movie theater.
Yellow is slippery and tasty on your ear of corn.
It leaves a puddle in your mashed potatoes.
Yellow flits and dances
Showing off a new spring outfit.
Yellow is the kind of day
That you want to all over again!

My students and I have fallen in love with Red Sing From Treetops. They have responded very positively to Joyce Sidman's poetry and were inspired to write poems that really are much better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment