If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Looking for Inspiration ~ SOLS 28


Poems and all writing are hiding in the most ordinary and familiar places – if we can only change our way of looking at them.
~ Georgia Heard from Writing Toward Home


10 Places to Find a Poem

Good morning greeting
A jumbled junk drawer
Chirping chickadees perched in the pines
Words from wise wee ones
Playfulness on the playground
Tick tock in the quiet of night
Stitched in a quilt
Jingles of a beloved charm bracelet
Voices chanting in unison
Tucked in with a teddy bear


I am perched on the couch watching a Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concert, pondering my list places where poems might be hiding. This particular show was performed at Madison Square Garden when Clarence was still alive. It’s three and a half hours of music madness. Bruce leaping on the piano for the start of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out!
I have started to build a collection of concerts recorded from the Palladia channel. This is one I will never get sick of watching. I have had the opportunity twice to see live Springsteen concerts and hope there are more in my future. Nothing really compares to the energy and passion that Bruce and the band pour into their performances. The crowd is an eclectic mix of equally energetic and passionate swaying-singing-along fans of all ages. "Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Pure poetry!


No comments:

Post a Comment