If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Sunday, March 4, 2012

SOLS Day 4 Dinner is Served


Rotisserie chicken – love it! I have tried making this scrumptious poultry and it never comes out the same. Our wonderful grocery store makes them every day. Well, I guess that’s not anything too unique; all the markets do up the chickens, but not like ours. Maybe it’s the rotisserie part that does the trick. If I made one at home, I would sprinkle on some seasoning, tuck some onions and celery around the chicken and toss it in the oven for a couple hours. Guess you’d call that baked chicken. Decent meal, but not the same.
Nope, not doing that again. Instead I concentrate on the sides and let them take care of the centerpiece of this dinner. Hmm…potatoes – mashed or baked, a vegie or two – broccoli with cheese, of course and maybe some asparagus too, dinner rolls and there you have it. Dinner is served! Bon appetite! 
My only complaint is not much leftovers. Perhaps two chickens next time.                     


 

1 comment: