If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pondering Paperless




 SOLS #3 Pondering Paperless

            After hours of attempting to organize heaps of financial paperwork, I am sitting beside an overflowing bag of trash that really should be shredded or burned. I need a beverage and a break. This is a typical March task for me as I gather the documentation needed to file our taxes. However, this is not something I would typically tackle on a Saturday night. What am I thinking??! 
Ever since I discovered mortgage statements from 1995, I have this overwhelming desire to downsize our files. It could also be the stacks of file boxes that house years of bank statements, loan papers, credit card receipts, and insurance policies. I know that inside my pack-rat self is an organized person!
            Perhaps it is time to be brave and sign-up for e-statements. After all, it’s been a couple years since we switched to reusable grocery bags. We should do more. This is the next step in going green. All of our bills are paid with on-line banking, so this should work out. I am a little apprehensive, but if it doesn’t work out we will go back to paper statements. Get a grip, right?
            While I am at maybe I should think about parting with some magazines in my stash. On no, that’s pushing it! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your slice. You remind me a lot of my husband in this way. Whenever I organzie all of our paper clutter, he swears I must have thrown something important away. Baby steps, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am on the fence about paperless. What if I forget? When I have the paper bill I remember. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one wavering on that e-statement fence.

    ReplyDelete