If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Saturday, March 24, 2012

SOLS 24 ~ Celebrate Good Times

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. -Unknown



              Still savoring last night's celebration. My dear friend and neighbor hosted a birthday celebration for me. She also organized a scrapbook project in which each person created a page with photos and kind wishes. Words cannot express my gratitude for this amazing gift. It is packed with memories of good times from 20+ years: girls' nights, picnics, graduation parties, weddings, and more. This book is a beautiful tribute to friendships that I will treasure and hold deep in my heart forever.  An old favorite by Kool and the Gang is playing in my head. Makes me feel like dancing! 
 
Celebrate good times, come on
Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration
to last throughout the years
So bring your good times
And your laughter too
We gonna celebrate
your party with you

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful friends and neighbors you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! I can 'feel' how you feel - great description of your gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special you must have felt! Your words still exude the joy from your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that - what a great idea and what fun! You'll be looking back at those pages over and over and over again. How very special! A memory to last you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa-what a great start to your "Birthday Week"! Keep on celebrating- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete