If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wondering, What Do the Animals Think? SOLS 18




       This weekend, was more like a May weekend with heaps of outdoor time. The neighborhood was a buzz of activity. Bikes were dusted off. Sneakers were laced up. Bubbles were blowing. Hoses were spraying. Spring was bursting at the seams!
It was a bird-chirping, coffee-on-the-deck kind of morning. There was a glorious, beach breeze whispering through the branches of the naked tress. The birds were chattering and flitting about, rustling in the stalks of ornamental grasses that still need to be trimmed back from last year. A couple years ago I asked my husband not to trim them in the fall because they are so lovely when they are dressed in winter white. I wondered if the birds are gathering materials for their nests? Will they have an extra brood this year?
Insects were back from their winter resting places. The bees were buzzing about in some of their usual spots around our back deck. This evening there were mosquitos pestering us on the front porch. The trees are budding, too.
What does Mother Nature have in store for us? I will be looking and listening for some possible answers this week as the temperatures soar into the seventies all week! 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this part, " The neighborhood was a buzz of activity. Bikes were dusted off. Sneakers were laced up. Bubbles were blowing. Hoses were spraying. Spring was bursting at the seams!
    It was a bird-chirping, coffee-on-the-deck kind of morning." Maybe it was the verbs or the use of the B and S words... I don't know but I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been hearing stories about how all this warming will influence everything from animals to birds to bees - and heaven forbid, those winged pests!

    ReplyDelete