If you want to teach me to write, first you have to love me. ~AVI

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Love ~ SOLS 30





“Love. Fall in love and stay in love.
Write only what you love,
and love what you write.
The key word is love.
You have to get up in the morning
and write something you love,
something to live for.”
-      Ray Bradbury


“Love. Fall in love and stay in love.
Teach only what you love,
and love what you teach.
The key word is love
You have to get up in the morning
and teach something you love,
something to live for.”

While perusing this week’s Poetry Friday offerings, I read this quote on Irene Latham’s blog that reminded me how much I love what I do. In spite of the negativity and nervousness that suck the enthusiasm out of educators, I am trying my best to stay focused on my beliefs and reasons for becoming a teacher.  With changes in the way that principals and teachers will be evaluated and the way the results will be reported to the public, educators are nervous.
I try to practice what I preach and avoid worrying as much as I can, for worrying will not change the outcome. Yes, I am striving to be better informed and supportive of the voices that represent teachers. My energy is best channeled in positive directions, to the loves of my life.
I am blessed – I love what I do…teaching and learning, I love who I do teach and learn with…22 fabulous fourth graders and 60 or so inspiring co-workers and then there is the blog love, the poetry love, the reading love, the writing love that reaches out to an endless number of people.
I cannot imagine what it would be like to do something that I did not love. 

4 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine it either. This is a wonderful affirmation of your life/beliefs. I can imagine students loving you as a teacher. Best wishes! HOpe to see you on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. Teaching and learning! A blessing.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you do is key. It gets us through the muck of the politics and propaganda. Now the blog-love will sustain my writing life. It's been a fun month getting to know all the slicers. Here's to Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very positive and loving. Your attitude of love is contagious. Thanks for sharing. Maya

    http://meanderingmaya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete